Salty Dogs Senior Animal Rescue (SDSAR) is an all-volunteer organization based in Pawleys Island, SC.
We do not have a shelter facility and all of our rescues stay in foster homes until they are adopted.
“How can you bear to let the dog go? I would get too attached to it!”
It is true – it is always a bit sad to see our rescues go. But the SDSAR adoption process is so careful and thorough, that by the time a dog is adopted out, we know it’s going to a great place!
We often see these dogs come in dirty, scared, and sometimes abused, and then we get to see them blossom into the happy, healthy dogs they were meant to be. One of the best feelings in the world is to see your foster dog in a loving forever home, and knowing that by placing that dog, you now have room to help another dog in need of a fresh start!
What We Need from Foster Homes:
• Food, shelter, and lots of love for a dog that may have been neglected or abandoned
• Socialization and specific care for that dog
• Ability to bring your foster dog to adoption events to help them get adopted. In the event you are unable to attend a certain event, another volunteer may offer to fill in with your foster animal
What SDSAR Provides:
• All necessary vet visits and expenses
• Crates, blankets, collar, harness, leash, toys, and treats
• A support network of SDSAR volunteers
Steps to Become a Foster Home: